Handicapping Major League games is unique from handicapping other sports. Because of the tremendous impact that starting pitchers have on the odds, it can be a little overwhelming when trying to pick winners on the diamond.
We’ve compiled a great list of handicapping articles, including tips for beginners and a few nuggets for the serious player. This list is updated often, so be sure to check back for more!
Major League Baseball Betting – The Basics
- Beginners Guide – A great place to start if you are looking for general, tried-and-true tips for handicapping ballgames.
- Basics – The basics for betting on games as it differs from your typical wagering experience.
- How to Bet – More on understanding how typical wagers work.
- Understanding Run Lines – Run lines offer a different choice of strategy. Read this article if you want to learn more about how they work.
- Money Lines Explained – Money lines are most basic type of bet, and this article explains to beginners exactly what money line bets are.
- Rules – A good place to learn all about the basic rules to be aware of.
- Totals – Wise methods for wagering on run totals and the basics of handicapping for under/over betting.
- More Totals Tips – Yet another perspective on run, or O/U totals.
- Biggest Mistakes – The biggest pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- Spring Training Games – If you are considering wagers on on spring training games, read these tips on handicapping them (as well as the ones below!).
- More Spring Training Tips – An even deeper look at how to handicap the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues.
- Tips – Some basic tips you can use to get started picking MLB games.
- B-Ball Betting – This piece details some good spots to bet on the internet.
- Preparing for the MLB Season – This post talks about what kind of preparation you should take before the season in order to maximize your in-season profits.
- Stats – Our national pastime, maybe more than any other sport, scrutinizes statistics. This article tells you which stats are important when considering a game to bet on.
- Weather – Exploring how field conditions and temperature can impact ballgames. You use the information to your advantage.
- Parlays – Introduction to parlays.
- Calculate Parlay Returns – Method for calculating returns on diamond parlays. Due to the money line, parlay odds will work differently for Major League Baseball than it does for spread-based sports.
Situational MLB Sports Book Handicapping
- Home Field Advantage – An in-depth overview of what home-field advantage really means.
- Good Pitching vs Good Hitting – Who has the advantage when a good hitting team features a good pitcher?
- Big Favorites – Big favorites are always a strong lure for bettors, but they come with a huge amount of risk. This summary talks about why you should be careful with fat minus-lines.
- First Inning Bets – A look at what first inning bets are and whether or not they are worth considering.
- First 5 Innings Bets – It can be frustrating when you bet a team because of their starting hurler, who does well, but the bullpen ends up blowing it for him. This post talks about gambling on just the first 5 innings of a given ballgame.
- Interleague Play – Interleague play has added a new dimension.
Winning Baseball Gambling Strategies & Systems
- Underdog Betting Systems – Underdogs offer some unique opportunities.
- Strategies – There are several tactics that have worked over the years which should be taken into consideration before you place your bets.
- Revenge Systems – Revenge can be a powerful motivating factor for clubs in certain situations.
- Last 3 Starts – What you can take from a pitcher’s last 3 starts to help you determine their performance the next time out.
Advanced MLB Handicapping
Links To Pro Handicappers & Sports Books
Why, that’s a virtual dictionary at your disposal! Be sure to peruse and peruse all of the links relevant to your preferred style of wager before making a pick and scoring a bundle.