The 2015-16 college football season has come to a conclusion. The Alabama Crimson Tide just won their fourth national championship in the last seven years to put together one of the greatest runs in college football history. They beat a game Clemson team 45-40 in the championship game.
Now that the season is over, it’s time to start looking ahead to next year already. Oddsmakers are wasting no time doing just that. William Hill US Sports Books have released the first odds list to win the 2017 national title.
To no surprise, the two teams who played in the championship game are the favorites to win. Clemson is the 6/1 favorite due to returning most of its offensive talent, including Heisman finalist Deshaun Watson. Alabama is the second-favorite at 7/1 despite losing numerous key pieces from its title team. That’s because the Crimson Tide don’t rebuild, they simply reload.
Next in line are a couple Big 12 teams in Oklahoma (10/1) and Baylor (12/1). The Sooners return Baker Mayfield, Samaje Perine and Joe Mixon to their backfield. The Bears always seem to have a plethora of talent and would probably have been on the verge of winning a national title this year had they not been dealt so many devastating injuries down the stretch.
Stanford, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida State and Tennessee are all next in line with identical 15/1 odds. The Volunteers are probably the most surprising of that group, but that just goes to show the talent level that head coach Butch Jones is bringing to Knoxville.
They are followed by LSU (20/1) and seven teams listed at 30/1. The most surprising of that group is Houston (30/1), which has the shortest odds among Group of 5 teams. Take a look at the rest of the odds from William Hill below.
Odds to Win 2016-17 National Title
|San Diego State||300/1|
- Jack’s Free Sports Picks: 9/29
- Week 5 College Football Odds
- Vegas Betting Odds: Toledo vs. BYU Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Betting Line: Oklahoma vs TCU Game Odds & Prediction
- Game Preview: Tennessee vs Georgia Vegas Betting Line & Prediction
- Vegas Game Line: North Carolina vs Florida State Spread & Prediction
- Point Spread Pick: Texas vs Oklahoma State Odds & Betting Preview
- Betting Odds: Wisconsin vs Michigan Point Spread Pick & Preview
- Vegas Point Spread: Louisville vs Clemson Game Line & Pick
- Stanford Washington Odds
- Kansas Texas Tech Odds
- Connecticut Houston Odds
- Week 4 College Football Odds
- Louisville Marshall Odds
- Arizona Washington Odds