The 2015-16 college football season has come to a conclusion. The Alabama Crimson Tide just won their fourth national championship in the last seven years to put together one of the greatest runs in college football history. They beat a game Clemson team 45-40 in the championship game.
Now that the season is over, it’s time to start looking ahead to next year already. Oddsmakers are wasting no time doing just that. William Hill US Sports Books have released the first odds list to win the 2017 national title.
To no surprise, the two teams who played in the championship game are the favorites to win. Clemson is the 6/1 favorite due to returning most of its offensive talent, including Heisman finalist Deshaun Watson. Alabama is the second-favorite at 7/1 despite losing numerous key pieces from its title team. That’s because the Crimson Tide don’t rebuild, they simply reload.
Next in line are a couple Big 12 teams in Oklahoma (10/1) and Baylor (12/1). The Sooners return Baker Mayfield, Samaje Perine and Joe Mixon to their backfield. The Bears always seem to have a plethora of talent and would probably have been on the verge of winning a national title this year had they not been dealt so many devastating injuries down the stretch.
Stanford, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida State and Tennessee are all next in line with identical 15/1 odds. The Volunteers are probably the most surprising of that group, but that just goes to show the talent level that head coach Butch Jones is bringing to Knoxville.
They are followed by LSU (20/1) and seven teams listed at 30/1. The most surprising of that group is Houston (30/1), which has the shortest odds among Group of 5 teams. Take a look at the rest of the odds from William Hill below.
Odds to Win 2016-17 National Title
|San Diego State||300/1|
- Week 9 College Football Odds
- Week 8 College Football Odds
- Vegas Point Spread: Oregon vs California Free Pick & Predictions
- Betting Line: USF vs Temple Vegas Spread & Prediction
- Point Spread Prediction: BYU vs Boise State Odds & Betting Line
- Vegas Betting Odds: Miami vs Virginia Tech Game Line & Point Spread
- Week 7 College Football Odds
- Vegas Odds: Kansas State vs Oklahoma Point Spread Free Pick
- Free Pick: NC State vs Clemson Betting Odds & Spread
- Betting Line: Ole Miss vs Arkansas Vegas Spread & Prediction
- Betting Odds: Ohio State vs Wisconsin Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Betting Line: Alabama vs Tennessee Free Pick & Prediction
- Game Pick: Mississippi State vs BYU Betting Line & Point Spread
- Vegas Betting Odds: Duke vs Louisville Spread & Predictions
- Free Pick: Appalachian State vs Louisiana Lafayette Betting Odds