Most Super Bowl Appearances
Every NFL team has one common goal each year. That goal is to reach the Super Bowl, which is a very tough task. With 16 teams in each conference, only one can make it. I’m going to go over which teams have made the most Super Bowl appearances with this article.
The Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots hold the record for most Super Bowl appearances. Each has been to the Super Bowl eight times in the game’s 49-year history. This trio is followed by the Denver Broncos with seven and the San Francisco 49ers with six. The Green Bay Packers, New York Giants, Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders and Washington Redskins have all been five times.
Pittsburgh holds the record for most Super Bowl victories with six, so when it gets there, it usually takes advantage. Its eight appearances include Super Bowl 9, 10, 13, 14, 30, 40, 43 and 45. The Steelers won their first four tries before falling to the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX by a final of 27-17. They would win their next two over the Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals before falling to the Green Bay Packers 31-25 in their most recent appearance in Super Bowl XLV.
The Dallas Cowboys struggled in their first few years after joining the NFL in 1960. They finally earned their first winning season in 1966 and proceeded to set a record of twenty consecutive winning seasons. They advanced to the championship in Super Bowls 5, 6, 10, 12, 13, 27, 28 and 30. They would lose their first trip to the big game in Super Bowl V with a 16-13 loss to the Baltimore Colts. They went on to win five of their next seven appearances, including three championships in four years from 1993-96.
There are several teams that have never had the feeling of what it’s like to play in the Super Bowl. They are the Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars and Houston Texans. Here a list that shows how many times each franchise has been to the big game.
Super Bowl Appearances by Team
|New England Patriots||8|
|San Francisco 49ers||6|
|Green Bay Packers||5|
|New York Giants||5|
|Los Angeles/St Louis Rams||3|
|Kansas City Chiefs||2|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||1|
|New Orleans Saints||1|
|San Diego Chargers||1|
|New York Jets||1|
- Los Angeles Clippers at San Antonio Spurs NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Charlotte Hornets at Denver Nuggets NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Portland Trail Blazers at Milwaukee Bucks NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Cleveland Cavaliers at Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Houston Rockets at Detroit Pistons NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Philadelphia 76ers at Atlanta Hawks NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Dallas Mavericks at Orlando Magic NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Toronto Raptors at Washington Wizards NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Sacramento Kings at Indiana Pacers NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15