The No. 14 Arizona State Sun Devils travel to face the Washington Huskies on Saturday, October 25th. The Sun Devils have won eight straight meetings between these teams, including a 53-24 home victory last year.
Arizona State (5-1) improved to 3-1 in Pac-12 play with a 26-10 home win over Stanford last week. Washington (5-2) suffered its second conference loss of the season with a 20-45 setback at Oregon last Saturday.
Kickoff at Husky Stadium is scheduled for 10:45 EST Saturday night with ESPN providing the television coverage. Oddsmakers in Las Vegas have pegged Arizona State as a 3-point favorite over Washington with a total set of 62 points.
My Early Lean: Washington +3
This is certainly a letdown spot for Arizona State. It put a lot of effort and focus into beating Stanford last week to revenge a pair of losses to the Cardinal last year. It beat them 26-10 at home last week, and now it’s going to be hard to match that effort on the road against Washington this Saturday, which is one of the tougher places to play in the country.
Meanwhile, this is a huge motivational spot for Washington. The Huskies have lost each of their last eight meetings with the Sun Devils. They even lost by a final of 53-24 on the road last year. You see that trend and you automatically want to jump on Arizona State, but this line has only been set at three for a reason. I believe the Huskies are the play here if you are going to touch this game.
Washington has been winning this season behind a defense that is one of the better units in the land. It is giving up just 24.7 points per game on the season despite playing some high-powered offenses in Oregon, California and Eastern Washington. They held the Bears to only a touchdown two weeks ago in a 31-7 road win. I look for this defense to limit what Arizona State can do offensively.
Taylor Kelly is expected to return at quarterback for Arizona State this week. Head coach Todd Kelly is in a tough spot here because Kelly is their veteran leader, but Mike Bercovici has been playing some great football. Bercovici is completing 62.0 percent of his passes for 1,322 yards with 10 touchdowns and two interceptions this year. Kelly should start, and it could take him a while to find his rhythm against this elite Washington D.
Arizona State has not been able to stop anybody with any consistency this year. It is giving up 27.8 points and 425.2 yards per game on the season. It allowed 473 yards to USC, 580 yards to UCLA, and 545 yards to Colorado in three of its past four games. While the Huskies aren’t dominant offensively, they should be able to do just about whatever they want against this soft ASU defense.
The Sun Devils are 15-33-3 ATS in their last 51 road games vs. a team with a winning home record. Washington is 17-7 ATS in its last 24 home games.
The Sun Devils are 15-33-3 ATS in their last 51 road games vs. a team with a winning home record. Washington is 17-7 ATS in its last 24 home games. The Huskies are 5-1 ATS in their last six games following an ATS loss. Washington is 12-4-1 ATS in its last 117 games after allowing more than 40 points in its previous game.
- Houston Astros at Seattle Mariners Free MLB Picks for 4/20/15
- Oakland Athletics at Los Angeles Angels Free MLB Picks for 4/20/15
- San Diego Padres at Colorado Rockies Free MLB Picks for 4/20/15
- Cleveland Indians at Chicago White Sox Free MLB Picks for 4/20/15
- Minnesota Twins at Kansas City Royals Free MLB Picks for 4/20/15
- Cincinnati Reds at Milwaukee Brewers Free MLB Picks for 4/20/15
- New York Yankees at Detroit Tigers Free MLB Picks for 4/20/15
- Chicago Cubs at Pittsburgh Pirates Free MLB Picks for 4/20/15
- Baltimore Orioles at Boston Red Sox Free MLB Picks for 4/20/15
- New Orleans Pelicans at Golden State Warriors NBA Picks for 4/20/15
- Milwaukee Bucks at Chicago Bulls NBA Picks for 4/20/15
- Jack’s Free Sports Picks: 4/19
- San Antonio Spurs at Los Angeles Clippers Free NBA Picks for 4/19/15
- Philadelphia Phillies at Washington Nationals Free MLB Picks for 4/19/15