Texas Kansas Basketball Odds
The No. 14 Kansas Jayhawks (20-4, 8-3 Big 12) welcome the Texas Longhorns (11-13, 3-8 Big 12) to Allen Fieldhouse on Saturday, February 16th. This is one of the final games on the board as it will be nationally televised on ESPN at 9:00 EST Saturday night. Oddsmakers in Las Vegas have installed Kansas as a 16-point favorite over Texas.
Why Kansas Covers
The Jayhawks have been pretty unstoppable at home all season. They are 12-1 at home this season with their only loss coming against Oklahoma State. They won their last home game 83-62 over No. 10 Kansas State in dominant fashion. They are outscoring their opponents by an average of 17.8 points per game at home this year.
Texas has been simply atrocious on the road this season. It is 0-7 away from home this year, getting outscored by a whopping 12.0 points per game. That includes a 73-86 loss at Chaminade, a 62-82 loss at Iowa State, and a 57-83 defeat at Kansas State.
Kansas has really owned this series with Texas. It has won four straight an seven of the last eight meetings overall. Five of those wins came by double-digits. The Jayhawks are 4-1 against the spread in their last 5 games following a SU win of more than 20 points.
Why Texas Covers
The Longhorns are coming off a big 89-86 (OT) victory over Iowa State as the tied the game with a 3-pointer at the end of regulation to for OT. That gives them a ton of momentum heading into this game with Kansas. The Longhorns hung tough in a 59-64 home loss to the Jayhawks as an 8-point underdog in their first meeting on January 19th.
This is going to be a completely different Texas team going forward with the return of guard Myck Kabongo, who has missed all but one game this season due to eligibility issues. Kabongo made his season debut against the Cyclones, finishing with 13 points, seven assists and four rebounds. Expect him to continue filling up the stat sheet going forward.
Kansas has proven to be vulnerable this season, especially of late. It has lost three of its last four games overall heading into this one. The Jayhawks are 1-4 against the spread in their last 5 games overall. The Longhorns are 6-2 against the spread in their last 8 games overall. Texas is 4-1 against the spread in its last 5 games following a S.U. win.
- Jack’s Free Sports Picks: 2/1
- Los Angeles Lakers at New York Knicks NBA Picks and Predictions for 2/1/15
- Miami Heat at Boston Celtics NBA Picks and Predictions for 2/1/15
- Los Angeles Clippers at San Antonio Spurs NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Charlotte Hornets at Denver Nuggets NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Portland Trail Blazers at Milwaukee Bucks NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Cleveland Cavaliers at Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Houston Rockets at Detroit Pistons NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Philadelphia 76ers at Atlanta Hawks NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15