Seahawks Redskins Odds
The Seattle Seahawks (2-1) travel to face the Washington Redskins (1-3) on Monday Night Football in Week 5. These teams last squared off in the playoffs during the 2012-13 season with the Seahawks coming away with a 24-14 road victory.
The Seahawks are coming off their bye week after winning the Super Bowl rematch against the Broncos by a final of 26-20 (OT) at home. The Redskins have dropped two in a row, including an ugly 14-45 home loss to the Giants last week.
Kickoff at FedEx Field is scheduled for 8:30 EST Monday night with ESPN providing the television coverage. If you are looking to place a wager on this game, then you will be working against a line of Seattle -7 over Washington and a total set of 45.5 points.
My Early Lean: Redskins +7
I believe the Redskins are undervalued here because they are coming off such a poor performance last week against the Giants where they essentially gave the game away by committing six turnovers. Meanwhile, the public perception is very high on the Seahawks off their win over the Broncos. They also have a bye week coming in, but that’s not as big of a factor here because the Redskins played last Thursday, so they essentially are getting a half a bye week as well.
This is a make or break game for the Redskins, who have been much better than their 1-3 record would indicate. They actually rank 2nd in the league in yardage differential, outgaining opponents by an average of 91.0 yards per game. They rank 8th in total defense (324.3 yards/game) and 4th in total offense (415.3 yards/game). That is the sign of a very good team, not one that is 1-3 on the season.
Despite their 1-3 record, the Redskins actually rank 2nd in the league in yardage differential, outgaining opponents by an average of 91.0 yards per game. They rank 8th in total defense (324.3 yards/game) and 4th in total offense (415.3 yards/game).
We all know about Seattle’s dominance at home over the past few years. However, this team has not been nearly as effective on the road. The Seahawks are 0-1 on the road this season with a 21-30 loss at San Diego despite being a 5-point favorite. They were really dominated in that game as they only put up 288 yards of offense and gave up 377 yards on defense, getting outgained by 89 yards in the loss.
Plays on underdogs or pick (WASHINGTON) – with a poor scoring defense – allowing 24 or more points/game, after a loss by 28 or more points are 58-27 (68.2%) ATS over the last 10 seasons. The Redskins have won each of their last six regular season meetings with the Seahawks. Seattle is just 7-18 ATS in its last 25 games following a bye week. The Seahawks are 17-35-1 ATS in their last 53 games in October.
- Portland Trail Blazers at Milwaukee Bucks NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Cleveland Cavaliers at Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Houston Rockets at Detroit Pistons NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Philadelphia 76ers at Atlanta Hawks NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Dallas Mavericks at Orlando Magic NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Toronto Raptors at Washington Wizards NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Sacramento Kings at Indiana Pacers NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/31/15
- Jack’s Free Sports Picks: 1/30
- Oregon State at Arizona NCAA Basketball Picks and Predictions for 1/30/15