The best way to describe NFL pleasers is that they are the opposite of teasers. With teasers you are getting points for multiple team bets at reduced odds, but with pleasers you are giving points up in order to get an increased payout. Typically you can bet between 2 and 10 teams in a pleaser and the standard pleaser is for 7 points. Below I’ve listed standard pleaser payouts, as well as a few examples of what a teaser might look like. As you will see, this can create some insane lines.
Note that not all online sportsbooks offer pleasers, but one of the best books in the business, 5Dimes, does. Sign up with 5Dimes today, check out their pleaser options and get a 50% cash deposit bonus up to $200!
7 Point NFL Pleaser Odds
2 Teamer – Pays 8 to 1
3 Teamer – Pays 25 to 1
4 Teamer – Pays 60 to 1
5 Teamer – Pays 150 to 1
6 Teamer – Pays 450 to 1
7 Teamer – Pays 700 to 1
8 Teamer – Pays 1,000 to 1
9 Teamer – Pays 1,350 to 1
10 Teamer – Pays 1,750 to 1
Betting pleasers is not for the faint of heart. As you can see, the payouts are excellent, but just think how difficult it is to win a parlay or teaser, let alone winning them after voluntarily decreasing your odds of winning! In order to understand exactly what I’m talking about, let’s look at some standard odds and compare them with their pleaser lines.
Buffalo Bills +7 vs.
New England Patriots -7
This is a totally reasonable and standard line in the NFL, but look what happens when we change the lines based on a 7 point pleaser:
Buffalo Bills Pk vs.
New England Patriots -14
So, let’s say you have a great feeling about the Patriots at -14, which is a possibility, but a very high line for and NFL game. The bad news is that you can’t just bet the Patriots, you will need to find another game, again giving up 7 points, to go along with it, and BOTH have to win for your pleaser to be a winning bet.
I can’t say I recommend betting pleasers on a regular basis, but it is certainly possible that situations may arise where taking a 2 or 3 team pleaser might be worth a shot. Taking any more teams than that is almost certain to drain your bankroll, but hey, it’s your money!
- Oregon State at Arizona NCAA Basketball Picks and Predictions for 1/30/15
- Minnesota Timberwolves at Philadelphia 76ers NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/30/15
- Sacramento Kings at Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/30/15
- Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/30/15
- Chicago Bulls at Phoenix Suns NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/30/15
- Portland Trial Blazers at Atlanta Hawks NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/30/15
- Toronto Raptors at Brooklyn Nets NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/30/15
- Los Angeles Clippers at New Orleans Pelicans NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/30/15
- Golden State Warriors at Utah Jazz NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/30/15
- Houston Rockets at Boston Celtics NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/30/15