I frequently get asked questions on how I handicap certain sports, so I thought I would give visitors a list of resources that I try to cover on a daily basis before making my decisions on NBA games. Of course, once you start getting a feel for each team the time you spend on each site is drastically reduced, and some days I’ll skip over sites if I know what they are going to have to say.
We’ll start with some great resources and articles available on this site and also feature a few other sites we think can help you win more NBA games this season.
Tips for Beginners
- Odds Explained – A great place to start if you are looking to learn about the typical types of bets people can place on NBA games.
- How to Bet – How to get started betting on the NBA.
- Betting Resources – Some additional resources for betting pro basketball.
General Handicapping Articles
- General Handicapping Tips – Some good tips on what to look for before you bet on any games.
- More Handicapping Tips – More tips and different angles to consider when betting the NBA.
- Betting Tips – Some specific, excellent guidelines for wagering on the NBA.
- Gambling Information – Answers to common questions we’ve received about NBA gambling.
- Teasers – Detailed advice about betting NBA teasers.
- Totals – Great tips on handicapping NBA totals.
- Best Site to Bet – Our list of the best places to bet the NBA online.
- More Betting Sites – Even more information on the best places where you can bet on NBA games.
Advanced Handicapping Articles
- Handicapping Hot & Cold Streaks ATS – What do hot and cold streaks against the spread mean for upcoming NBA games?
- Double-Digit Comebacks – A deep analysis of how NBA teams perform after coming back and winning a game after being down by double-digits.
- Betting Favorites – Keys to betting on favorites in the NBA.
- Betting Underdogs – The best situations to bet NBA underdogs.
- Early Season Handicapping – It can be hard to handicap the NBA early in the season. This article offers some helpful tips on what to look at.
- Home Court Advantage – A detailed analysis of how well individual teams perform at home. In other words – exploring what exactly home court advantage means in the NBA.
- Point Spread to Money Line Conversion Chart – This table shows you how NBA point spreads convert into money lines.
- Handicapping Injuries – What to look at when you handicap for injuries in the NBA.
- Players Returning From Injury – How to handicap teams with an important player coming off of an injury.
Find the Best Handicappers
- Top Handicappers – These are the handicappers who have consistently made their clients profit season after season in the NBA.
- Betting Experts – More recommended NBA handicappers who have also accumulated some impressive numbers each and every NBA season.
Click on the link to go to the site and read the description for a short notice on how I think the site is best used:
- 82 Games – Detailed statistical coverage and analysis of the NBA. This site covers both teams and individual players in depth and is a must for a serious handicapper.
- Basketball Prospectus – Intelligent articles and commentary on both the NBA and college basketball. Not something you have to read every day, but will help you develop knowledge of what is happening in professional basketball.
- Covers NBA matchups – Can point you in the direction of some solid trends, or if you want to get a simple feel for how the teams stack up to each other. One of the highly recommended daily rituals.
- Don Best Injury Updates – A nice list of who is hurting on each team. If you have any doubts as to a player’s health, check here.
- Gold Sheet’s Historic NBA Records – See the final scores and point spread results going back several years. This isn’t something you look at every day, but if you want to go back and see how teams have done in the past this is your source.
- Logical Approach Daily NBA Matchups – A kind of rough look at the teams playing each night with computer projections. I strongly recommend giving this a quick glance.
- PopCorn Machine – Shows game flows with plus/minus information for lineups. Good tool for a post-game recap rather than using for previewing.
- RotoWire NBA Player News – I use RotoWire for individual player news on teams I’m handicapping.
- Sports Database – Large database of sports related information that you can query.
- Team Rankings (Game Zone) – You can use their predictive system and adjust the factors you think are important. Something that you should play with in order to get a feel for the factors that you think determine a win.
- NBA Handicapping System – Use our database to query for different trends.
So there are some resources that I use for NBA handicapping. If you don’t have time to make your own picks, then maybe you should sign up for a package from one of our handicappers. They study the odds each night and will help you win money with your NBA betting without you having to put all the time and work in.
- What Causes Big Line Moves?
- Should You Bet on Your Own Teams?
- When to Bet Heavy Underdogs
- How Futures Betting Can Be Profitable
- Value in Sports Betting
- Picking 55 Percent Winners
- MLB Home Field Advantage
- Pitching Correlations with Runs Allowed
- Hitting Correlations With Runs Scored
- Tips on Betting MLB Totals
- Baseball Handicapping Strategies
- Tips on Handicapping MLB Games
- Sports Betting Discipline
- How Do If Bets Work?
- Flat Versus Scaled Betting