How to Bet on NFL
If you love football as much as we do then you might want to put your knowledge to good use. One way to do that is to make a little money by learning how to bet on NFL games. It’s not really all that difficult so allow me to walk you through it from start to finish. The first key might be to start understanding the odds as it can be slightly confusing.
If you are just learning how to bet then you might want to sign up for one of the sportsbooks that we recommend. These are the sites that offer the biggest bonuses, are the most reliable and trustworthy, have sites that are easy to use, and customer service teams that are great at dealing with any problems or questions that might arise. Once you know where you can go to start betting on the NFL odds you deposit your money and you will be all set to get started in on the action. Here are a few things that you should look for when placing your wagers:
1. Shop Around
We already told you the importance of finding one of the top sportsbooks to place your action, but if you have more than one option then you could save yourself some real money. Why lay -3.5 when another book is listing the odds at -3? That could end up costing you a serious amount of money by the end of the year if you could turn that 3 point win into a push instead of a loss or a win instead of a push. Each half point matters so take the advantage whenever it appears.
2. Ignore Last Week
Don’t put too much stock into last week, especially the score. Momentum means little to nothing in the NFL and yards are a much better indicator of how a team played than score, which is affected largely by turnovers. You can’t handicap mistakes to keep occurring week after week, so if a team is moving the ball and turns it over, chances are those should have been points which they will put on the board this week.
Pay attention to who is hurt and how good of a job their backup does. Some guys are over-rated and when they go down the line moves way too much. These are times that the best handicappers will pounce on the opposite side and make a killing. You want to be on that side instead of the team expecting a team to go 3-and-out every time without their star receiver.
If you want to bet on NFL games, remember to check your local laws to make sure it is legal in your area.
- Jack’s Free Sports Picks: 1/29
- Kentucky at Missouri NCAA Basketball Picks and Predictions for 1/29/15
- Maryland at Ohio State NCAA Basketball Picks and Predictions for 1/29/15
- New York Knicks at Indiana Pacers NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/29/15
- Denver Nuggets at Memphis Grizzlies NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/29/15
- Milwaukee Bucks at Orlando Magic NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/29/15
- Chicago Bulls at Los Angeles Lakers NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/29/15
- Super Bowl Props
- Oregon at Arizona NCAA Picks and Predictions for 1/28/15
- Louisville at Boston College NCAA Picks and Predictions for 1/28/15