Heat Pacers Odds
The Miami Heat will look to move one-step closer to a return to the finals when they collide with the Indiana Pacers anew in game four of the 2013 Eastern Conference Finals on Tuesday, May 28, at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. This pivotal game will be aired live on TNT starting 8:30 PM Eastern Time. The Heat are favored by 2.5 points in the latest odds, while the total has been set at 184.5 points.
Beating the Miami Heat could bring their morale down, but that has not been the case in the current playoffs. The Heat bounced back from another defeat with a rousing performance, similar to what they did when they loss in the game one of their second-round series against the Chicago Bulls.
Showing a different side of their dreadful offensive attack, the Heat kept the defense of the Indiana Pacers guessing as they ran away with a dominating 114-96 victory in game three on Sunday in Indianapolis. LeBron James once again led the Heat with 22 points, while Dwyane Wade added 18 points and eight assists.
The four-time and reigning Most Valuable Player proved to be too much as he focused on posting up his defenders, giving his teammates more scoring opportunities when the double team comes. As a result, James got a lot of support from his teammates, particularly from Udonis Haslem and Mario Chalmers, who finished with 17 and 14 points apiece.
The Indiana Pacers were shell-shocked by the defending champions in game three and their superstar got a taste of things to come in the series and in the future. Paul George struggled big time defending James, while also being out of his usual rhythm. The All-Star forward had 13 points and eight rebounds, but shot just 3-for-10 from the field and committed five turnovers.
On the bright side, Roy Hibbert had a huge night for the Pacers, racking up 20 points and 17 rebounds, but he also struggled from the field, shooting only 4-for-12 from the floor. David West posted 21 points and 10 rebounds, while George Hills added 19 points for the Pacers, who shot just 39.7 percent from the field.
The Indiana Pacers vowed to bounce back in game four, but it will be easier said than done. They need to find answers to every stones being thrown at them by the Miami Heat. Outside of their top-four scorers in game three, someone has to step up in order to make the Heat work harder on defense.
Someone from the Pacers should perform like how Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen played in game three. Haslem provided a huge lift from the bench with 17 points, while Andersen added nine points and nine rebounds on another perfect 4-for-4 shooting night. The pesky has made 16 consecutive shots in the playoffs and is 13-for-13 in the series.
- Oregon at Arizona NCAA Picks and Predictions for 1/28/15
- Louisville at Boston College NCAA Picks and Predictions for 1/28/15
- Duke at Notre Dame NCAA Basketball Picks and Predictions for 1/28/15
- Kansas at TCU NCAA Basketball Picks and Predictions for 1/28/15
- Los Angeles Clippers at Utah Jazz NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/28/15
- Brooklyn Nets at Atlanta Hawks NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/28/15
- Denver Nuggets at New Orleans Pelicans NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/28/15
- Detroit Pistons at Philadelphia 76ers NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/28/15
- Charlotte Hornets at San Antonio Spurs NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/28/15
- Oklahoma City Thunder at New York Knicks NBA Picks and Predictions for 1/28/15